Solid surface countertops come in all shapes and sizes. You may not be familiar with the term solid surface countertop, but you’ve likely heard them referred by their brand names of Corian, Wilsonart, Staron and LG. They're attractive, but is a solid surface countertop the right choice for your location?
Solid Surface vs. Laminate Countertop
- Unlike laminate and solid stone, solid surface countertops can be molded into the shape you want.
- Solid surface countertops are seamless, creating a smooth, attractive surface that is easy to maintain and clean. These countertops are a perfect fit for the food industry because food and water don't get trapped in seams.
- Unlike laminate, solid surface countertops don't stain.
- Like solid stone, the plastic-based material can be heated and repaired quickly and at a low cost. Laminate cannot be repaired when chipped.
- This material holds up much better than laminate materials, making it the perfect choice for heavy-use countertops.
- While laminate might be less expensive, solid surfaces provide a higher quality without the high price of solid stone.
Solid Surface Countertops - The Randal Way
Recently we manufactured and installed solid surface countertops in locker rooms and bathrooms for a client who needed seamless countertops with completely integrated sink bowls and backsplashes. The countertops needed to be maintenance-friendly, as well as long. Longer than a typical countertop and longer than what most manufacturers provide. With the flexibility of solid surface countertops, we were able to meet all our client’s needs.
You can also see Randal Retail’s solid surface countertop work at the internet bars in Time Warner’s NYC flagship store. The curvy tops dip down, almost like a slide, which is a shape you could not achieve with laminate or solid stone.
Interested in learning more about how Solid Surface Countertops can help your business? Randal Retail Group can help!